Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Whatch you say?

Not much has changed since my last post but once again I am at work bored out of my mind so I am going to ramble for a few minutes. I can't believe that it is already the middle of June! Time as been going by so fast and all the days are running together.
Work is going pretty good. I defiantly like working on the boat better, there is a lot more to do and it is nice to be out side and on the water. The San Juan Islands are really beautiful and I am enjoying learning more about them each time I work a cruise. We haven't seen anything like this yet but a few days ago we saw a really big group of whales and they where pretty active so that was pretty cool.
Yesterday I finished my application to UW Tacoma and my mom should have mailed it in today (one of the benefits of living at home) The application is due on the 30th of this month so it will probably be a while till I hear back. Also we had Katie's graduation BBQ last night. It is so weird that she is graduating. It honestly does not feel like it has been that long since I graduated high school and I remember having a very similar BBQ three years ago! She has grown up so much this past year and I am really excited for her. This summer will be the last time that we will all be living at home which is an exciting and bitter sweet thought. Although I complain about living at home quite often I really am enjoying this time with my family. Everyone is growing up so fast. Avrie and Destina are already so different and it seems like every few days I notice that they are doing something new or have gotten bigger. (more so with Avrie). Kelsie and I have become a lot closer. She is turning into such a great young lady. She is by far the nicest person that lives in my house and she has been great about sharing what would just be her space with me. It will be interesting in September when we take Katie to school instead of me, specially because I will still be at home.
One of my favorite thing that both the girls (AKA Tia and Avrie) have been saying for a while now is "Whatch you say?" when they didn't hear or understand something. My whole family has picked up on this saying and everyone says it including Tim! At work this morning I was in the office and Tim was down on the boat getting ready to load the passengers. He was talking to our boss over the radio and Tim didn't hear what he said and so his response was, "whatch you say?" I just started laughing.
The weather here in Bellingham has been less pleasant. We have had a few nice days here and there but I am ready for summer and sure is taking its time getting here! This last weekend I spent the night and two days in Friday Harbor out in the islands and it was sunny but not very warm. I really miss Hawaii and I am going to figure out a way to live there again at least for a few years because I am not enjoying the lack of tan that I have going on right now. I am also missing my friends! I have a few good friends here in Bellingham but between working and spending time with Tim ( pretty much whenever we are not working and some days at work too) I haven't seen to many of them. In Hawaii it was different for some reason we were always able to make sometime to hang out. From my main group of Hawaii friends we are all on the main land right now home working for the summer but it is sad to think that most of them will be returning to my island paradise and I will be staying here to enjoy/ endure the rain. I hope that we will all be able to stay connected through the years because they are some of my favorite people.
Anyways I think that is all for now, back to my FreeCell game!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is a cool picture of the whales. I bet it was neat. We haven't had summer "like" wheather here yet either. It has actually been nice that it isn't too hot. This week is supposed to hit 90 though, so I think it is on it's way. Have fun. Take care... Love you!!