OK so I'm going to give this blog thing another try now that summer is over, the girls are home and I am back in school.
quick recap:
Last winter semester I didn't post at all. With the earthquake and the uncertainty with the girls I could barley focus on getting done the things I had to. I worked at McDonald's and as the Social work tutor so I was busy. After the girls made it home safe and sound I was able to have fun with my friends again and the semester was really good. I had a lot of fun Saturdays at the beach.
This summer I worked for Victoria San Juan Cruises again. It was a good job and it was great being able to walk right back into it. I had a great summer spending time with avrie and destina as well as the rest of the family. We also had cousin's aunts, uncles and friends visiting all summer which was great!
Being back at school is great. I am now a senior so this is my last semester of classes as I will be doing my internship next semester back home in Bellingham. I am living in a house right on the beach with three other girls and I love it! It is so much better than living on campus. Classes are going good so far. I'm only taking 12 credits because I don't need to take any more, one of those classes is online and the another is a 6am jogging class. Yes 6am! Its so early but its only on Monday and Wednesday and it has been really nice getting up early and I feel more productive until about 9pm when I'm just about ready to go to bed. During the summer I was doing Bikram Yoga three or four times a week and I really loved it. Unfortunately there isn't a studio here so I have been running on the beach everyday. It is really hard specially when the sand is loose or soft but it is a good workout and it feels great when I finish!
I am working two jobs again for this semester. I am the social work tutor again and I work 18 hours a week for that and then I will also be working at McDonald's again starting next week. It will be good to be busy, hopefully I will be able to stay on top of everything. I work better under pressure though so I think I will be fine.
Upon returning to school I had the opportunity to stay in a hostel at Wiema Bay. It was a great adventure and I loved the feeling of Independence. Many things have changed since I was last here, in terms of the person that I am as well as my friends. Haley is going on her mission soon and is not here and Austin is now going to school in Provo. They where my two closest friends last year and them not being here has been hard and different. Also Jake and Erica are now married. I am really happy for them they are so cute together but It has changed to dynamics of our friendships but that is to be expected and I understand. Anna and I are still good, both of us stay busy with school and work so we don't see each other as often.
I have also come to the realization that all of my true best friends are at home. I am really missing my family. We grew closer this summer. I miss playing with avrie. She is the cutest child on the face of this earth! She is so funny and It makes me sad to think that I am missing out on her for the time that I am here. Destina is such an amazing little girl. I really feel that I was able to connect to her and build trust between us this summer and I hope she knows that I love her so much! Katie and Kelsie where my best friends this summer. They have both turned into awesome young women and we always have so much fun together, goofing off and being silly.
I am going to do my best to enjoy my last few months here in Hawaii but I can honestly say that I will be glad to go home when the end of the semester comes.
There is also a boy... His name is Tim. We worked together all summer and started hanging out at the very end of July. We spent time together every day until I left. He is awesome and I miss him a lot too. We talk and text everyday, pretty much in a long distance relationship which is hard but we both really like each other and I like to think that we will make it through the next 85 days! Now I'm off to enjoy the Beach (my new backyard)! I will have pictures for my next post.
ALOHA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
yay! you are back!
Glad to see you posting again keep it up!
I was very surprised to see a new post. I'm exciting you are posting again. Enjoy Hawaii! It will go by fast. You will be back in WA before you know it! Sound like you have a fun schedule. Take care..
Love Lisa
Have fun in Hawaii while you can!! We had hoped to make it there before you left but life goes on!
Post a Comment