Hi everyone, I know that I haven't been on for a really long time so I'll try to fill you in on my life. After I got done with my summer camps on Aug 15 I flew home! We spent a few days with grandma and grandpa, it was really nice to visit them. After they left Paul, Lisa, Breeanne, and Brady came up to see us. We had a great week doing all that there is to do in B-ham. After they left I only had a few more days left till it was time for me to head to Idaho for school. On my very last Sunday I had to give a talk in sacrament! Can you believe that! but it went well. On Monday and Tuesday I got all my stuff packed up and ready to go. On Wednesday the 3rd my mom and I drove all the way to Rexburg Idaho. It took us about thirteen hours! But i got to drive through the Canyon so that was cool! Thursday and Friday was all registration and getting moved in. And because I am so lucky I got the worst possible roommates!!! They are so far beyond normal and I can hardly stand it. They are the complete opposite of me in every single way! So I am pretty bummed about that. My mom left Friday afternoon so I was on my own! Saturday was a lot more orientation stuff but I met some other girls that are nice and normal. Sunday I met my new ward and it's pretty weird cuz there's no kids or family's or old people!! And worst of all NO CUTE GUYS!!! I think I'm going to die out here! Mondays classes went pretty well and I worked out at the gym for a long time.. and still NO CUTE GUYS. Tuesdays classes went well too all my teachers are nice. Today I changed my eng 101 class to an eng 315 class because I am completely nuts. But I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Well, I have to go for now
cuz I have math in 15 min.. but I'll be back soon to tell you all about my so far dull college experiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good to hear from you. I keep checking your blog.. I almost thought you'd given up, but here was a new post. Yea!!! I hope things get better for you. There's gotta be some cute boyz out there somewhere.... I'm so proud that you are going to college. You are so smart.
Well take care..
lisa
Ahhh College life. It is so fun. If it weren't for classes, I would love to go back...Just kidding! Kenz...I wasn't thrilled about my roommate either and her boyfriend...well, let's just say, his nickname was yucky Brian! Sometimes it isn't that bad having roommates that are lame. There WILL be girls on your floor, in your dorm and so on that will be life long friends. You will do great! Keep the updates coming!
Hey Mckenzie!
I'm glad to see that you are back to blogging! I love hearing about your experiences so far at school it makes me remember my college days. At first I had some pretty sucky roommates but they ended up moving out and some girls that I made friends with moved in. Hopefully something will work out with you!? I am sure your mom is happy to hear that you haven't met any cute guys left but I am sure it won't take you too long to find them!
Can't waite to hear more about school life!
Have fun, April
Hi Mckenzie! Hang in there, cute people usually find cute people...it's like a law of nature or something, so don't worry, you will find a hot buff dude or a bunch of them in no time! It seems when you stop looking and just get on with your life is when they show up, always works like that, so stop looking, have fun with your friends and it will happen! Be patient!
Miss you around here, but glad you are getting smarter!
Mimi
Kenz:
1) sad I missed your talk in sac. mtg.
2) don't stress about the roommate thing. It is good because it forces you to go out of your apartment to meet people, and you will probably have a much better social life because you will have to/get to meet a lot more people.
One of my very best friends (who was also my bridesmaid) was not my roommate the first year. We were in the same ward and had such a blast together that we ended up rooming together for the rest of college.
3)Just have fun enjoying all the "goofiness" of the freshman boys. While not very cute, they can still be totally fun and funny. So just enjoy their friendship now. Freshman boys are always awkward because they are sitll so...pubescent. Wait until next year when you have more of the older guys in your ward who are back from their missions. I assure you there will still be awkward ones, but there will be a lot more normal ones too!
PS: PICTURE PICTURES PICTURES! (of your apartment, school life, etc)
KENZ! I know that you're probably cursing my name right now after I told you that you were bound to have one good roommate:( Well I have to agree with Val in that it does force you to get out there and discover your own fun. Keep the faith girl. As for the boys be sure to hang out in the math and science buildings that's where all the future doctors and engineers will be:) More pictures!!! Miss ya tons!
Sista O
I saw you had a blog. I have one... I just made a new one... forgot my password and I am sure it was one of the e-mail accounts that I deleted. Any who, it is interesting and that is a nice picture.
Post a Comment